UBE supplies a wide range of chemical products used in industry and everyday life.
UBE EXSYMO Electronic material division manufactures advanced materials including FCCL based on adhesive less technology used to bond Polyimide and Copper foil, Steel, Aluminum, etc…
Upisel®-N is a non-adhesive-type flexible copper-clad laminate that is based on our Upilex®-VT polyimide film. The base layer of Upilex®-VT is the same type of BPDA polyimide as our Upilex®-S, which delivers excellent dimensional stability and heat resistance.
- Delivers high reliability due to its non-adhesiveness, because there is no degradation of physical properties like that which arises in the adhesive layer of adhesive materials.
- Features excellent peeling strength, heat soldering resistance, chemical resistance, and dimensional stability.
- The polyimide layer of the one-sided type can be thermally bonded with other metals, ceramics, and similar materials.
- Environmentally friendly because no adhesives are used.
UPISEL®-H is a heat radiation based on Polyimide film dielectric. Providing excellent heat radiation by the very thin Polyimide layer having superior dielectric breakdown voltage.
- Light weight
- Available in sheets or rolls
- Sterically foldable
- Halogen free, UL94V-0
- Environmentally friendly because no adhesives are used
EXSYLAM-L is a LCP-FCCL developed by UBE as a low Dk (2.9) and Low Df (0.002) substrate. LCP (Liquid Cristal Polymer) is preferred to Polyimide for high frequency applications.
- Millimeter wave radar antenna for automotive
- Currently used for breaking systems
- Potential use for autonomous driving systems